LOS ANGELES DEFECTIVE DRUGS LAWYERS
Some people think that all drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are safe for consumption. In a world where there is a pill for just about anything it only makes sense that this cannot possibly be true. FDA often makes its decisions based on the research of the drug company trying to push its own product for public consumption, due simply to the fact that the agency is underfunded and understaffed. There are more than a few drugs that have been recalled by the FDA after initial approval, due to the dangerous side-effects of consumption. Attorney Vibhu Talwar represents individuals who have been seriously harmed by pharmaceutical drugs.
We Know Defective Drug Litigation
The attorneys at Fisher & Talwar have obtained multi-million dollar verdicts in personal injury claims. Our defective drugs lawyers represent clients throughout Southern California, Orange County, and Los Angeles.
Litigation involving defective drugs is different from other litigation. An attorney should understand the intricacies of research and development, as well as how companies submit information to the FDA for approval. Many drug companies aggressively market their drugs directly to doctors, and an attorney should be able to find these marketing materials to better understand how a company is representing probable side effects.
Without the right attorney, a victim might not receive fair compensation for their injuries because they cannot build an effective case. Contact Fisher & Talwar right away.
Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drug Litigation
If you or someone you love has been harmed by either prescription or over-the-counter drugs, we can help you. If you have suffered from one of the following drug complications or any others, we will examine your claim to see if you have a case:
- Birth Defects
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Complications
- Stomach Problems
- Memory Loss
- Psychological Problems
Defective drugs cause thousands of dollars in necessary medical care, and some people are permanently disabled because of a drug. The sooner you contact an attorney, the stronger your case.
Examples of Defective Drugs
Over the past few decades, dozens of drugs have been pulled from the market. Injured victims have sued for compensation after being hospitalized or seriously injured by:
- Zofran. This drug treats nausea in pregnant women. Unfortunately, it caused birth defects like cleft palates.
- Taxotere. Used as chemotherapy to treat many kinds of cancers, this drug also caused birth defects.
- Zantac. This antacid is suspected of increasing the risk of cancer and was pulled from the market back in 2020.
- Avandia. Used to treat Type 2 diabetes, Avandia has been linked to an increase in heart disease and other problems.
If you suffer a serious side effect, hold onto your pills and reach out to a Los Angeles defective drug attorney as soon as possible.
Compensation for a Defective Drug
Victims injured by defective drugs should qualify for compensation in the form of money damages for:
- Medical care to treat your injury. For example, if a drug causes a heart attack, you will incur thousands of dollars of hospital treatment, as well as rehabilitation costs.
- Lost income, if you were unable to work due to your injuries.
- Pain and suffering. Bodily injuries cause pain, limitations, and negative emotions. You should receive money to try and make up for these losses.
- Loss of consortium. Your spouse could have his or her own claim for changes to the marital relationship, especially where a drug causes disability or impotency.
A Los Angeles defective drug attorney will better understand the amount of compensation you might receive if you schedule a free consultation.
Why You Should Act Fast?
When a drug is defective, hundreds if not thousands of people are injured across the country. All of these victims can possibly bring their own lawsuits against the manufacturer for injuries. Unfortunately, some drug manufacturers will plead bankruptcy and end up compensating only a handful of victims, or victims will receive very little each.
For these reasons, we encourage you to contact a Los Angeles defective drug attorney immediately if you suspect you have a claim. The sooner we can file a claim or sue a manufacturer, the better your odds of financial recovery.
Contact a Los Angeles Defective Drug Attorney Today
Fisher & Talwar offers a free consultation to anyone who believes they have been injured by a dangerous or defective drug. Call or send an online message.