How can we help you?
Fisher & Talwar is a personal injury law firm that services the entire State of California including Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County and respective cities. If you’ve been injured in the state of California, we can help.
California Slip and Fall Lawyer Assisting Clients in Downey
Slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere in Downey, from your workplace to a local restaurant to a friend’s home. When slips, trips, and falls result from a property owner’s negligence, it is important to seek compensation for your injuries. California requires property owners to take steps to prevent others from getting hurt as a result of hazards on the property. When liquid spills or rough carpeting cause a slip and fall accident, the property owner may be liable.
Downey slip and fall accidents are part of a larger area of law known as premises liability law. This area of the law holds that property owners must keep their premises reasonably safe. When they fail to do so, those property owners can be held responsible for a guest’s injuries. Were you recently injured in a slip, trip, or fall? An experienced Downey slip and fall lawyer can help with your case.
FREE CASE REVIEW
If you have been injured, contact us for a free review of your case and learn about your legal options.
$6 million – Auto Fatality
$1.5 million – Truck Fatality
$1.25 million – Drug Litigation
$3 million – Construction Defect
$4 million – Defective Tire
How common are slip and fall accidents, and what can property owners do to prevent them? According to a fact sheet from the National Safety Council (NSC), the following statistics help to make clear the dangers of slips and falls in California and throughout the country:
- Falls currently rank as the third-leading cause of unintentional death in the country;
- Falls account for about 32,000 deaths every year;
- Risk of suffering fatal injuries in a fall increases with age;
- Majority of fall-related deaths occur in homes and communities (about 31,000);
- Workplace falls account for a smaller proportion of fatalities (about 600 in 2014), yet workplace falls account for a very high number of nonfatal injuries (47,000 nonfatal injuries in 2013).
Where do most falls occur? The NSC fact sheet lists the following locations as the top spots for fall-related injuries to take place:
- Entry ramps;
- Hallways with clutter;
- Walkways with heavy foot traffic;
- Uneven floor surfaces;
- Floor surfaces that are prone to getting wet or to spills;
- Heights without proper guards;
- Ladders; and
Preventing Slips and Falls
What should property owners do to prevent slip and fall accidents? The NSC recommends some of the following safety tips for homeowners and commercial property owners alike:
- Immediately clean up any liquid spills, and be vigilant if liquid spills are likely to occur;
- Use warning signs after floors are wet from cleaning;
- Carefully secure electrical cords so that they do not present a tripping hazard in highly trafficked areas;
- Ensure that all staircases have secure handrails;
- Install adequate lighting indoors and outdoors so that a slip and fall does not result from someone being unable to see a hazard;
- Remove any debris from exterior walkway areas; and
- Periodically check on the condition of your walkways and stairs, and if you see any signs of damage, you should make repairs immediately.
Attorney Vibhu Talwar
Contact a Downey Premises Liability Attorney
Slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere, and it can be difficult to recover from a serious personal injury sustained in one of these accidents. At Fisher & Talwar, we know that personal injuries are expensive both financially and emotionally, and we are here to help you to seek compensation for your losses.
An experienced Downey premises liability lawyer at our firm can speak with you today about your options. California law requires that you file your claim within two years from the date of your injury, so do not hesitate to seek legal representation. Contact us to discuss your case.Free Consultation
Serving All Cities in Southern California
Some injured people feel as though they can only hire an attorney near their home or office. Your criteria for hiring an accident lawyer should be based on the qualifications and experience of an attorney rather than the proximity of the attorney’s office to your home. Our attorneys can work with you no matter where you live. Even though our offices are located in Downtown Los Angeles, we will work with you as long as you reside in the state of California.
Fisher & Talwar
801 S Grand Ave, 11th Fl,
Los Angeles, CA 90017
By appointment only.
Vibhu Talwar – firstname.lastname@example.org
From CA-110 southbound take exit towards 6th St/Wilshire Blvd. Continue on 6th St, turn right on S Grand Ave., arrive at 801 S Grand.From CA 110 northbound take the 6th St/9th St exit toward Downtown/ Convention Center/ Figueroa St. Merge onto W 9th St and follow until turning left on S Olive St. Turn left on W 8th St, then left again on S Grand Ave.
Our offices are located 9 minutes from Dodger Stadium, 3 minutes from Staples Center, 3 minutes from LA Live, 5 minutes from Los Angeles City Hall, 3 minutes from Walt Disney Concert Hall, 7 minutes from Union Station, 25 minutes from San Fernando Valley and 20 minutes from San Gabriel Valley.
From Union Station take either Metro Red or Purple line. Go past Civic Center and Pershing Square; get off at 7th Street/Metro Center. Head south on Flower St, or Hope St (depending on which side you come out). Turn left on 8th St.
We offer free parking to our clients. Park in the structure at 801 South Grand Avenue and ask us to validate your parking.
Some of the Cities We Service:
- Long Beach
- Santa Ana
- San Bernardino
- Moreno Valley
- Huntington Beach
- Santa Clarita
- Garden Grove