LOS ANGELES ALLSTATE INSURANCE LAWYER
California Personal Injury Lawyer Assisting Clients with Allstate Insurance Claims
When you have been paying Allstate insurance premiums for years or even decades in Los Angeles, you probably expect that your insurance company will be there for you in the event of a serious car accident. However, it is important for all drivers in Southern California to understand that the insurance company is never on your side when you are dealing with a motor vehicle collision. Insurance companies like Allstate want to keep costs as low as possible, and sometimes that means lowballing settlement offers and looking for any mistakes the insured might have made that could allow the company to limit or deny coverage.
After you are involved in an auto wreck, you will need an experienced Los Angeles Allstate insurance lawyer to advocate for you and for your right to compensation. We can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and if your claim has been denied by Allstate, we will work tirelessly on your appeal.
What You Should Do If You Have Been Involved in an Accident in Los Angeles
If you have been involved in a traffic collision in Los Angeles, there are certain steps you will need to take in order to remain eligible for compensation. The California Department of Insurance (CDI) provides the following checklist for what to do after an accident:
- Stop your vehicle and move out of the vehicle if it is safe to do so;
- Call 911 if anyone has been injured;
- If there is obvious property damage or anyone has been injured, call the police;
- Obtain information from everyone involved in the accident, including names, contact information, driver’s license numbers, and license plate numbers;
- Obtain witness information, including numbers and contact information;
- Take photographs of the damage and the scene of the crash;
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible, whether it is Allstate or another insurer; and
- Report the accident to the California Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days if the damage exceeds $750.00.