Whistleblower Lawyers Representing Employers and Employees Throughout Southern California
At Fisher & Talwar, our Los Angeles whistleblower lawyers are highly skilled, results-focused advocates for clients. With experience representing individual employees, high ranking executives, and businesses, our legal team is committed to protecting your best interests. If you have any questions or concerns about whistleblower laws, we are more than ready to help. To set up a fully confidential, no obligation initial consultation with a whistleblower attorney in California, please do not hesitate to contact our Los Angeles law office today.
An Overview Of State and Federal Whistleblower Laws In California
As explained by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), whistleblowers play an important role in our society “by bringing to light allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement and by reporting what they reasonably believe to be evidence of wrongdoing.” In many cases, whistleblowers are employees or other individuals with insider access to a business or organization. There are a number of different state and federal laws in place to protect the rights of whistleblowers. These laws largely prevent employers from taking adverse action (retaliation, reprisal, etc) against an individual engaged in whistleblower activity. Our Los Angeles business & employment lawyers represent clients in the full range of whistleblower claims, including in cases filed under the:
- Whistleblower Protection Act: The Whistleblower Protection Act (WPA) is a federal law that protects federal employees who report waste, fraud, abuse, or another violation of federal law. Federal agencies cannot take any adverse action against employees engaged in protected whistleblowing activity. If you have questions about the Whistleblower Protection Act, we can help.
- The False Claims Act: The False Claims Act is one of the most important whistleblower protection laws. Sometimes referred to as the “Lincoln Law”, the law imposes strict penalties on people and companies that defraud government programs. The False Claims Act includes strong whistleblower protections for employees who report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse.
- SEC and OSHA Whistleblower Protection Programs: Some federal agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), operate their own whistleblower protection programs. In some cases, whistleblowers may be entitled to a financial award if they report a violation that results in successful enforcement action.
- California Whistleblower Protection Act: The California Whistleblower Protection Act is our state’s most important whistleblower protection law. Under the statute, the law protects every state employee who reports alleged waste, fraud, or abuse of state government resources. If you have any questions about your rights or responsibilities under the California Whistleblower Protection Act, please do not hesitate to contact our Los Angeles business & employment lawyers for help.
Our Los Angeles law firm provides comprehensive legal representation in whistleblower cases. We represent individual employees who are preparing to make a protected disclosure and/or who are facing retaliation from an employer. We also represent businesses and nonprofit organizations that are facing a whistleblower lawsuit from a current or former employer or a government agency.
You Can Rely On Our California Whistleblower Attorneys For Results
Whistleblower cases are complicated. You do not have to go through the legal process alone. At Fisher & Talwar, we are focused on helping our clients navigate the process—ensuring that their legal rights and financial interests are protected every step of the way. Among other things, our Los Angeles whistleblower lawyers will:
- Answer your questions and explain whistleblower laws during a confidential consultation;
- Investigate the matter, securing the evidence you need to proceed; and
- Take all appropriate steps to protect your rights and help you get the best outcome.
With whistleblower claims, personalized representation is a must. Not only are there a wide range of different state and federal laws that could impact the matter, but whistleblower cases are also highly fact-driven. With a proven history of obtaining successful results for clients, you can rely on our Los Angeles whistleblower lawyers for top quality legal representation.
Call Our Los Angeles, CA Whistleblower Lawyers Today
At Fisher & Talwar, our California business & employment lawyers have the professional skills and legal expertise to represent clients in the full range of whistleblower claims. We advocate for both businesses and individuals. If you have questions about state or federal whistleblower laws, our legal team is here to help. Call us now or contact us online to set up a confidential consultation. With an office in Los Angeles, we serve communities throughout Southern California, including Anaheim, Burbank, Santa Monica, Compton, Torrance, Long Beach, Beverly Hills, and Inglewood.