SAN BERNARDINO TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
Semi truck accidents are among the leading cause of serious injuries in Southern California. According to data compiled by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), approximately 16 people are injured in commercial truck accidents in our state every single day. More than 6,000 people were hurt in trucking collisions in 2015 alone.
Following an accident, injured victims must be able to access full compensation for their damages. Unfortunately, the big trucking firms and their insurers rarely make this easy. For victims, hiring a strong, experienced legal advocate is critically important.
At Fisher & Talwar, our San Bernardino Truck accident lawyers are determined to help you and your family. We have extensive experience handling complex commercial trucking accident claims. Our legal team will fight to ensure that you recover the maximum available financial compensation. If you or a loved one was hurt in a large truck collision in San Bernardino, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm for free legal guidance.
Victims Have Limited Time to Bring a Personal Injury Claim
If you were hurt in a truck accident, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights. Under California state law, most personal injury claims, including motor vehicle accident cases, are governed by a two-year statute of limitations.
If you fail to meet the deadline, your claim will likely be dismissed on a technicality. The best thing that injured victims can do to protect their rights is to file their claim as early as possible. You should speak to a San Bernardino truck accident lawyer immediately after your wreck.
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents in San Bernardino, California
Semi-truck accidents occur in our region for many reasons. While all crashes are unique and require a comprehensive investigation, they do tend to share one common characteristic: most large truck accidents could have been prevented with proper safety precautions. In many cases, the careless or reckless actions of trucking companies, truck drivers, other company employees, and manufacturers contribute to devastating wrecks. Some of the leading causes of semi-truck crashes in San Bernardino County include:
- Truck drivers violating highway regulations;
- Speeding truck drivers, often on unreasonable delivery schedules;
- Tired or fatigued truckers;
- Distracted truck drivers;
- Drunk driving or drugged driving;
- Poor training or supervision by the trucking company;
- Tire blowouts, brake issues, or other problems with the truck;
- Poor truck inspection or truck maintenance; and
- Dangerous or improperly loaded trailers.
Holding the Trucking Company Liable for Your Crash
California is a ‘fault’ based insurance state. To hold another party, including a truck company, liable for your accident, you must prove that their negligence played a role in causing the crash. This is not necessarily an easy thing to do. In these cases, insurance companies are quick to get involved on the side of the trucking company.
To prevail in a truck accident injury claim, it is crucial that you have strong, well documented evidence that demonstrates the trucking company’s culpability. This is one reason why you should always hire an experienced San Bernardino truck accident attorney as soon as possible after a collision. Your lawyer will secure all evidence, including:
- The accident report;
- Pictures of the accident;
- Video of the crash;
- Testimony from all parties involved;
- Testimony from eyewitnesses;
- Inspection records from the trucking company;
- Electronic recording information from the trucking company; and
- Any other evidence that can help you prove liability.
In truck accident cases, strong evidence is the key to successful results. Our top-rated California trucking accident lawyers will make sure that you have all of the evidence that you need to present a compelling personal injury claim.
Truck Accidents Victim Deserve Compensation
Establishing liability is just one aspect of a truck accident injury claims process. In order to get the money you deserve, you will be required to prove the full value of your damages. Unfortunately, insurance companies have developed many different tactics to try to get away with paying injured victims low, unfair settlement offers.
At Fisher & Talwar, our dedicated San Bernardino semi-truck accident lawyers know how to help our clients maximize their financial recovery. We understand how important compensation is to you and your family. Money damages may be available for:
- Emergency medical care;
- Other hospital and doctors bills;
- Physical therapy;
- Long-term disability;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished ability to earn;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional anguish;
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement;
- Reduction in quality of life; and
- Wrongful death.
Why You Should Choose Our Law Firm
From the very moment you are injured, our San Bernardino commercial truck accident attorneys will work aggressively to get the maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We have a proven track record of obtaining successful results for injured victims throughout Southern California:
- We know the law: Our team has considerable experience handling truck accident injury claims. We are well-versed in California law and we understand how the large insurance companies operate.
- We let you focus on health: After an accident, you need to focus on your health, your family, and your physical recovery. Our attorneys will take care of your legal issues.
- We have access to the experts: Our San Bernardino truck accident lawyers have access to the best medical and accident analysis experts.
- We offer free consultations: Initial consultations are free of charge and there are no obligations. Do you have questions about your case? We are here to help.
- We only get paid if we win: With our law firm, there are never any out-of-pocket costs or upfront fees for our clients. If you do not get paid, we will not get paid. Period.
Get Help From a Truck Accident Attorney in San Bernardino, CA Today
At Fisher & Talwar, we have the skills and experience needed to hold trucking companies and insurers accountable. Our San Bernardino personal injury lawyers fight tirelessly to help you and your family get fair financial compensation.
If you or your loved one was injured in a commercial truck crash in San Bernardino County, CA, please do not hesitate to contact us today at (213) 891-0777 to request a free, no obligation initial legal consultation.