Compton Personal Injury Lawyer
Injury risks exist in so many different places in Los Angeles County, from freeways and local roads to restaurants and retail stores. Nobody expects to sustain serious injuries in an accident while commuting to work or picking up groceries, yet serious accidents and injuries happen more frequently than you might expect. Most accidents and injuries in Compton are preventable since they result from another party’s negligent or careless behavior. If you were injured and you believe that another party could be at fault for your injuries, you should not hesitate to get in touch with a Compton personal injury lawyer at Fisher & Talwar. We can assess your case today and tell you more about how to move forward with a claim for financial compensation.
Getting the Facts About Personal Injuries in Compton, California
Serious and fatal personal injuries happen in a variety of circumstances and in a variety of settings, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). The following are some key facts and figures from the NSC about preventable injuries and fatalities:
- 200.955 preventable injury-related deaths were recorded in 2020, which represents an increase of more than 16 percent from the death rate the previous year (in which 173,040 people died in preventable accidents), and an increase of more than 132 percent over the last three decades (only 86,777 preventable injury-related fatalities occurred in 1992);
- Home death rates have risen by the greatest percentage, increasing by more than 21 percent, while public deaths rose by more than 13 percent and motor vehicle collision deaths rose by more than 8 percent;
- Some preventable injury-related deaths showed decreases in 2020 from previous years despite the fact that the overall number of fatalities increased, such as a decrease by about 10 percent in work-related deaths;
- Pandemic circumstances increased the rate of drug overdose deaths by 34 percent, and the rise in motor vehicle-related deaths has also been attributed to pandemic-related driving behaviors such as speeding, refusing to wear a seat belt, and drunk or drugged driving; and
- More than 56 percent of all preventable injury-related deaths in the U.S. in 2020 occurred in homes, while more than 21 percent occurred in public and more than 20 percent occurred in motor vehicles.
Personal Injury Cases in Compton Handled By Our Attorneys
Our firm represents clients in many different kinds of personal injury cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Motor vehicle collisions and related accidents;
- Premises liability lawsuits;
- Dangerous and defective medical products and drugs; and
- Wrongful death lawsuits.
The Compton personal injury lawyers at Fisher & Talwar routinely assist clients with cases involving various types of injuries, such as:
- Burn injuries;
- Bone fractures;
- Electric shock injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs); and
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
Motor Vehicle Collisions and Compton Personal Injury Claims
Motor vehicle collisions can take many different forms and result in different types of claims for compensation. If you were injured in a motor vehicle collision, you will most likely want to initiate the claims process with an auto insurance claim. Our firm can help you to determine whether to file a first-party auto insurance claim with your own insurer or a third-party claim with the at-fault motorist’s insurance company. If your insurance claim cannot provide you with full compensation, we can work with you on a motor vehicle accident lawsuit against the motorist or other party responsible for the crash. Types of motor vehicle collision claims we handle include but are not limited to:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Bus accidents;
- Train accidents;
- Pedestrian collisions with motor vehicles; and
- Boating accidents.
Premises Liability Lawsuits and Compensation in Compton
Premises liability lawsuits are a specific type of personal injury lawsuit that can allow an injured person to seek compensation from a negligent property owner. California law requires property owners or managers to maintain their property in a manner that is reasonably safe for use. If unreasonable hazards or defects exist on the premises and the property owner fails to fix them or warn others about them, that property owner can be responsible for damages. Common examples include slipping hazards in restaurants or retail stores that result in slip and fall accidents or hotel negligence that results in swimming pool accidents or elevator injuries. We represent plaintiffs in many kinds of premises liability cases, such as:
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Slip, trip, and fall injuries;
- Construction accidents;
- Elevator and escalator accidents; and
- Swimming pool injuries.
Dangerous and Defective Product Claims in Compton
Sometimes personal injuries result from the use of dangerous or defective medical devices or pharmaceutical products. Our personal injury lawyers in Compton may be able to help you seek financial compensation if you were harmed after receiving a defective medical device or using a specific pharmaceutical product. While liability in these types of cases can vary depending upon the specific circumstances, parties who could be liable include, for example:
- Physician who prescribed the dangerous drug;
- Surgeon who placed the defective medical device;
- Hospital where the dangerous drug was prescribed or the defective medical device was placed;
- Pharmacist who filled a prescription for a recalled drug;
- Designer of the defective medical device or dangerous drug;
- Manufacturer of the defective medical device or dangerous drug; and/or
- Retailer of the defective medical device or dangerous drug who failed to warn about risks associated with using one of these products.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Compton for More Information
Anytime a serious accident happens and someone gets hurt, it is important to hold the responsible party accountable for the harm they have caused. Whether you were harmed in a type of motor vehicle accident, as a result of a hazardous condition on another party’s premises, or because of a defective medical device or drug, one of our experienced Compton personal injury attorneys can assist you. The personal injury lawyers at our firm can evaluate your case for you today and provide you with more information about filing a claim for financial compensation. Contact Fisher & Talwar to get started on your case.