Los Angeles Contract Dispute Lawyer
If you are a business owner in Southern California and are involved in a contract dispute, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests. You want an attorney who knows the law and who can help you identify your options so that you can make informed decisions. Having an attorney who understands business and the effect the dispute at hand may have on your bottom line is of key importance.
At Fisher & Talwar, we represent individuals and businesses of all types and sizes in a wide array of contract disputes. Our experienced contract dispute lawyers work closely with expert witnesses and investigators with the understanding that no two cases are the same and that every case requires meticulous preparation and a creative strategy in order to obtain the desired results. We will help you fully explore and, if appropriate, successfully employ alternative means of dispute resolution, including mediation or arbitration, to resolve disputes prior to trial. For your initial consultation, please e-mail us or call (213) 891-0777.
Protecting Your Interests in a Los Angeles Contract Dispute
We handle a wide range of business disputes, from unfair competition and intellectual property claims to breach of fiduciary duty and employment disputes. We represent commercial enterprises and franchisees, employers, and employees and parties involved in commercial real estate transactions.
Examples of the types of claims we handle are as follows:
- Unfair competition claims. We handle all types of claims involving unfair business practices, including unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference with prospective economic advantage, trade liable, and misappropriation of image.
- Breach of contract claims. We represent businesses and business owners in cases involving allegations of breach, including failure to abide by the terms of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. We also litigate collection claims that may arise when parties fail to make payments pursuant to the terms of a contract.
- Employment disputes. We represent employees and employers in disagreements arising out of employment, including claims of wrongful discharge or constructive discharge.
More on Contract Disputes
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Commercial Leases
- Breach of Promissory Note Agreement
- Available Remedies
- Common Defenses to Breach of Contract Claim
Breach of Contract Statute of Limitations in California
A lawsuit stemming from a written breach of contract must be commenced (complaint filed) within four years after the cause of action has accrued. The date of accrual does not necessarily have to be the same as the date of the breach of the written contract.
A lawsuit stemming from an oral agreement must be commenced within two years after the cause of action has accrued.
The statute of limitations on an installment contract begins to run from each date an installment becomes due.
Tolling of Statute of Limitations
If the defendant is outside the State of California when the breach occurs, the time period to commence an action is tolled (stopped) until the defendant returns to California. If the defendant leaves the State of California after the breach but before the time period to file an action has expired, the time to commence an action is tolled when the defendant leaves California and begins to run upon his/her return.
To schedule an initial consultation, please e-mail us or call (213) 891-0777. Our experienced Los Angeles contract dispute attorneys are available to meet with you between the hours of 8:30 am and 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and evenings and weekends by appointment.