Oxnard Bicycle Accident Lawyer
One of the nice things about living in Oxnard is that year-round, biking is possible–there’s never the worry of snow or icy roads. In fact, biking isn’t only possible, but also very pleasant thanks to Oxnard’s location on California’s coast.
Biking is often a quick way to get to-and-fro, as well as a healthy, low-cost, and environmentally sound option. But while biking may be positive for numerous reasons, it’s also risky, especially in Ventura County, where levels of motor vehicle traffic can be high. If you or a loved one has been involved in an Oxnard bicycle accident, our experienced Oxnard bicycle accident lawyers at the office of Fisher & Talwar can help. We are experienced, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Call us today for your free consultation.
Injuries From A Bicycle Accident
Bicycle accidents are devastating, in large part because a cyclist may have no protections to prevent injuries when struck by a motor vehicle. In the most severe and tragic cases, a motor vehicle may even run over a bicyclist, resulting in (sometimes fatal) crush injuries. As such, there is no limit to the type or severity of bicyclists’ injuries when a crash happens. Common injuries include:
- Head, face, and brain injuries. Especially when a cyclist is not wearing a helmet, the area of the body that may suffer the most damage is the head, face, and brain. External head, face, and scalp injuries are common, as are traumatic brain injuries. Both can result in permanent harm, disability, and scarring.
- Back, neck, and spine injuries. Another part of the body that is at high risk of injury in a cycling crash is the back and neck, including the spine. Bone fractures, back sprains and strains, and, most seriously, spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries can cause permanent paralysis or partial paralysis.
- Injuries to extremities. A cyclist’s arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, and toes are at a high risk of injury in a crash. Common injuries to extremities are soft tissue injuries, bone fracture injuries, lacerations, bruises, crush injuries, and, in some cases, amputation injuries.
- Internal injuries. If a cyclist is hit with enough force or if they are actually run over with a car, they will likely suffer internal injuries, including internal bleeding, punctured organs, and other damage. These injuries can be fatal.
In addition to the above, a cyclist who is hit by a car will likely suffer psychological injuries. These can be just as disabling as physical injuries in many cases.
Steps To Take After An Oxnard Bike Crash
If you’ve been involved in a bicycle crash in Oxnard, it’s important that you take steps immediately to protect your right to damages. We recommend:
- Reporting the accident to the police immediately. Request a copy of the accident report.
- Gather as much evidence at the scene of the accident as possible, including photos and the driver’s name and information.
- Seek medical care. Be sure to seek medical care immediately after the crash. Follow your doctor’s orders.
- File an insurance claim. Even though you were hit while riding a bike, you should call your car insurance company–you may be covered under a part of your policy, or your insurance company may be able to represent you in bringing forth an action against the responsible driver.
- Call a lawyer as soon as you can. While it may seem like overkill, having an attorney on your side is very important, especially if your injuries are serious.
How Our Law Firm Can Support You
Our law firm wants you to know that we are here to work for you. We know how devastating bicycle accidents are, and we will provide support, guidance, and advocacy throughout every step of the process. Our process involves reviewing your case (free of charge), opening an investigation into your accident and damages, identifying the liable party, sending a demand letter for damages, negotiating your settlement, and bringing forth a lawsuit if necessary. We will remain available throughout the entire process, and will always put your best interests first.
Call Our Oxnard Bicycle Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been in a bicycle accident–or have lost a loved one in a bicycle accident–our Oxnard bicycle accident lawyers at the office of Fisher & Talwar are here to lend our support and advocate for you. We have a track record of success and know-how to get results. To schedule your free consultation, please call our law firm directly or use the intake form on our contact page to send us a message telling us more about your accident and injuries.