Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorney
Steady Legal Guidance for Your Huntington Beach Personal Injury
Huntington Beach has a great, relaxed atmosphere which makes it a favorite destination for travelers and those who enjoy the beach. Nevertheless, accidents happen in Surf City, just as they do in every California city up and down the coast as well as inland. Innocent people end up in serious pain and full of fears about their future.
At Fisher & Talwar, our legal team has helped countless people following an accident. We excel at building cases for compensation on behalf of clients, and we leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of fair compensation. Contact us today to learn more.
Involved in an Accident? We Can Help
Our legal team has assisted those injured in a variety of accidents, including:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall
- Premises liability claims
- Defective product
- Construction accidents
- Dog bite
- Wrongful death
No matter the accident, we will carefully review whether we can assist you. You should never assume you have no legal recourse following a serious injury. In fact, someone might have contributed to your accident, which would make them legally liable.
Personal Injuries: from Minor to Life Changing
Most accidents cause some bodily injury, which is the most common type of personal injury case. Our clients reach out to us with some of the worst injuries, including:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Abrasions or lacerations
- Nerve damage
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Crush injuries
- Spinal column injuries
These injuries require expensive medical care to keep them from worsening. Although many injuries heal with proper treatment and rehab, others continue to impact our clients for years.
Every physical injury also causes psychological distress. Our clients struggle with anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, anger, and embarrassment. This emotional distress can impede the ability to heal.
Compensation under California Law
The goal in a personal injury case is to make a liable defendant pay a victim’s compensation. These accidents are expensive. Many people quickly find they cannot pay for their medical care and all their other bills. Some are afraid they will be forced into bankruptcy.
With a claim, we can seek compensation for the following:
- All reasonable medical care, such as surgery, office visits, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, physical therapy, and mental health counseling
- Future medical expenses for permanent injuries requiring ongoing treatment
- Lost income and loss of earning capacity when injuries prevent returning to work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Our clients have many questions about the compensation they might receive, such as:
- What is the average settlement?
- How much is my claim worth?
- Should I accept the settlement offer made by the insurance company?
We recommend never agreeing to a settlement until an attorney has a chance to review your case. Chances are high you are being shortchanged, and we can get you more.
Expert Negotiators & Litigators in Huntington Beach
Receiving fair compensation is easier said than done. The simple fact is that insurers are not eager to write a check for a fair amount, regardless of how hurt you are. They will drag their feet and possibly blame you, the victim, for your accident.
There are certain things we can do to increase your chances of obtaining meaningful compensation:
- We pull together the facts of the case after performing a full review of all evidence. We must establish who or what is at fault for the accident which injured you. This might be a dangerous driver, negligent property owner, or product manufacturer.
- We objectively value your injuries. A small cut on your check is probably worth less than an injury that leaves you paralyzed. But there are many factors that go into fully valuing a claim. We use our experience to estimate what you might get if you went to trial. This number becomes the starting point for our negotiations.
- We review all settlement offers with an open mind. We don’t dismiss offers out of hand. We also don’t encourage our clients to accept the first offer. Instead, we rely on our knowledge of the insurance company to assess how to get more money for your injuries.
- We drive a hard bargain. A negotiation is an art form—and one we’ve mastered over decades of combined experience.
- We are unafraid to litigate. Not many cases go to trial. But we never shy away from the courtroom because we know we have the skills to convince a jury to see an accident our way.
Our results are impressive and include many six- and seven-figure settlements on behalf of badly injured clients. We are open to representing anyone with a personal injury claim in Huntington Beach.
Common Concerns with Personal Injury Cases
Following an accident, you probably have many questions. If you schedule a free consultation, we can answer as many of them as possible to put your mind at ease. This is a stressful time, but professional legal help can clear away many of the obstacles to getting compensation.
Some of the most common questions we receive are:
- What should I do following an accident? Get the name of anyone involved, including witnesses who might have seen the accident. You should also take photographs of anything relevant, such as a hazard that caused you to fall.
- Is it possible to negotiate my own settlement? It’s not the best approach, even if possible. Few accident victims realize how much their claims are worth, so working with an attorney gives you a leg up in negotiations.
- Which personal injury lawyer in Huntington Beach is right for me? You should hire someone with the experience to bring a personal injury claim and who communicates effectively. We believe in compassionate listening at Fisher & Talwar and never treat our clients like a number.
Contact Our Huntington Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
We are seasoned personal injury lawyers who have tackled every time of accident case imaginable. If you need help, we are here for you. Our lawyers can review your case and give you an overview of how the settlement process will play out. To learn more, give us a call or contact us online.