How can we help you?
Fisher & Talwar is a personal injury law firm that services the entire State of California including Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County and respective cities. If you’ve been injured in the state of California, we can help.
$6 million – Auto Fatality
$1.5 million – Truck Fatality
$1.25 million – Drug Litigation
$3 million – Construction Defect
$4 million – Defective Tire
Professional Personal Injury Lawyer Serving The Long Beach Area
Accidents happen when you least expect them, and even seemingly minor injuries can end up having a major impact on your health and overall wellbeing. You may require ongoing medical care and treatment, while your injuries could prevent you from working or even engaging in hobbies and activities you once enjoyed.
At Fisher & Talwar, our Long Beach personal injury lawyers understand the tremendous toll these types of injuries can have on nearly every area of your life. We provide the professional, experienced legal representation you need to protect your rights, and assist you in getting the compensation you need to recover.
Personal Injury Cases We Represent
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that accidental injuries are a leading cause of death and disability in the United States, sending more than 30 million people each year to hospitals and emergency rooms. Unfortunately, for as many as 130,000 other victims, these injuries prove to be fatal.
While often attributed as being ‘accidental’, personal injuries are more often the result of reckless or negligent actions of the parts of others. At Fisher & Talwar, we help hold responsible parties accountable for the damages they have caused, and assist clients in getting the compensation they deserve in the following types of cases:
- Car accidents, which are often the result of dangerous driving behaviors such as speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Trucking accidents, which can result from driver inexperience, poor truck maintenance, or uneven loading;
- Motorcycle accidents, which often involve the reckless behavior of other drivers;
- Pedestrian and bicycling accidents, which result from drivers who fail to follow safety regulations or obey traffic signals;
- Sports and recreational accidents, due to safety violations and lack of protective equipment;
- Dog bites and attacks, caused by owners who fail to secure or control their pets;
- Slip and Fall cases, which often result from property owners or managers who allows dangerous conditions to exist, such as wet floors, uneven sidewalks, or loose fixtures;
- Product liability cases, due to dangerous and defective products;
- Medical malpractice cases, which involve medical mistakes and errors made by doctors, surgeons, and other healthcare professionals.
In addition to the above, other types of personal injury cases we represent involve food poisoning, burns, and drowning accidents, as well as intentional injuries caused by bullying and violent assaults or abuse.
Attorney Vibhu Talwar
Common Types of Personal Injuries
Even a seemingly minor injury can have severe ramifications. If you are injured or have been involved in any type of accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, as many conditions have symptoms which can take days or even weeks to appear. Common types of personal injuries that can have long ranging impacts of your health and financial security include:
- Muscle and tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Dislocated joints and bone fractures;
- Severe cuts and lacerations, resulting in loss of use or amputations;
- Chemical and thermal burn injuries;
- Exposure to harmful substances;
- Back and neck injuries, including herniated disks and fractured vertebrae;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
In addition to seeking medical care when you have suffered an injury, it is also important to notify the proper authorities. Depending in the circumstances, this may involve calling your local police, or notifying a security guard or property manager. A report should be filed detailing what happened and who was involved, as well as listing any witnesses who may have been on the scene.Free Consultation
Seeking Compensation Through Insurance Company Claim
Depending on where and how your injuries occurred, you may be contacted by an insurance company for the at fault party. When dealing with these companies, it is important to realize that they are in business to make money, and commonly employ several tactics when dealing with victims:
- Disputing the amount of damages you have suffered;
- Using statements you make to blame you for the accident and denying your claim;
- Making quick settlement offers for far less than what your claim is worth knowing that once you accept, you have no further rights to compensation.
When you are injured and have been contacted by an insurance company, it is vitally important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney before making any statements or signing any documents. We can protect your interests and negotiate with the insurer on your behalf, so that you get the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to.
When to File A Personal Injury Lawsuit
In certain situations, there may not be an insurance policy in place to cover your injuries, or an agreeable settlement amount cannot be reached, despite negotiations. In these cases, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under California court rules, those who are injured due to the reckless or negligent actions of another have up to two years to seek compensation through a court of law. Damages available through a personal injury claim often go far above what you could get in an insurance company settlement, and include the following types of compensation:
- Current and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and future losses in income and benefits;
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish;
- Loss of enjoyment in life, which compensates you for lasting disabilities;
- Loss of companionship, which compensates your spouse when your injuries prevent you from participating in activities as a couple;
- Death benefits, which compensates surviving family members if an injury proves fatal.
You may also be entitled to punitive damages, which are awarded in cases where the at fault party’s behavior was particularly reckless or negligent.
Contact Our Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers Today
When you have suffered injuries in an accident or as the result of the reckless actions of another, contact the law offices of Fisher & Talwar right away. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers provide the aggressive legal representation you need to ensure your rights and interests are protected. Whether it is negotiating with an insurance company or filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf, we act as a strong legal advocate to assist you in getting the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to by law. Call or contact our office online today to see how we can help.
Fisher & Talwar
801 S Grand Ave, 11th Fl,
Los Angeles, CA 90017
By appointment only.
Vibhu Talwar – firstname.lastname@example.org
From CA-110 southbound take exit towards 6th St/Wilshire Blvd. Continue on 6th St, turn right on S Grand Ave., arrive at 801 S Grand.From CA 110 northbound take the 6th St/9th St exit toward Downtown/ Convention Center/ Figueroa St. Merge onto W 9th St and follow until turning left on S Olive St. Turn left on W 8th St, then left again on S Grand Ave.
Our offices are located 9 minutes from Dodger Stadium, 3 minutes from Staples Center, 3 minutes from LA Live, 5 minutes from Los Angeles City Hall, 3 minutes from Walt Disney Concert Hall, 7 minutes from Union Station, 25 minutes from San Fernando Valley and 20 minutes from San Gabriel Valley.
From Union Station take either Metro Red or Purple line. Go past Civic Center and Pershing Square; get off at 7th Street/Metro Center. Head south on Flower St, or Hope St (depending on which side you come out). Turn left on 8th St.
We offer free parking to our clients. Park in the structure at 801 South Grand Avenue and ask us to validate your parking.
Some of the Cities We Service:
- Long Beach
- Santa Ana
- San Bernardino
- Moreno Valley
- Huntington Beach
- Santa Clarita
- Garden Grove
Other Long Beach Practice Areas
Personal Injury | Auto Accidents | Bicycle Accidents | Pedestrian Accidents | Wrongful Death | Motorcycle Accidents | Truck Accidents | Bus Accidents | Defective Products | Dog Bites | Slip & Fall Accident