Ventura, CA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Of all of the states in the nation, California may be the one where riding a motorcycle is the most ideal. Indeed, with good weather year-round and motorcycle-friendly laws (such as the ability of motorcyclists to lane split), riding a motorcycle in California can be highly enjoyable. But good weather or not, motorcyclists are never not at risk of a collision. In fact, every year, there are hundreds of motorcyclists killed in collisions.
At the law office of Fisher & Talwar, we understand how terrifying it is when you’re hit by a car as a motorcyclist. As you recover from your injuries and think about your options, our lawyers will be by your side to assist you. For your free consultation, please call our lawyers at your convenience today.
Top Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In California
Motorcycle accidents almost always happen because the driver of the standard motor vehicle involved doesn’t see the motorcyclist. This may be because the driver doesn’t check their blind spots, the driver fails to look before lane-changing or proceeding through an intersection, the driver is distracted, or because the motorcyclist performs an unsafe or illegal maneuver. In addition to simply not seeing a motorcyclist, other driver behaviors that can increase the risk of a crash and exacerbate the severity of a crash include speeding, drinking while driving, performing illegal maneuvers, and driving aggressively. The truth is that the vast majority of–if not all–motorcycle crashes could be completely prevented if drivers and motorcyclists exercised a greater duty of care in the operation of their vehicles.
Injuries From A Motorcycle Accident
When a car and a motorcycle collide with one another, the motorcyclist is the person involved who is at the greatest risk of injury in most cases. This is because a motorcyclist does not have the same safety protections that are provided to occupants of passenger cars, such as a vehicle frame, airbags, and seatbelts. If the crash is serious, the injuries suffered by the motorcyclist may be severe. Examples of potential injuries include:
- Head, facial, and traumatic brain injuries;
- Internal injuries;
- Bone fractures;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Limb amputation injuries; and
- Road burn/road rash injuries.
The above list is not inclusive, nor does it make mention of the range of psychological injuries that a motorcyclist may suffer, such as post-traumatic stress disorder or depression following the accident.
Seeking Financial Compensation After A Motorcycle Crash
Injuries like the ones described above are painful, emotionally draining, physically debilitating, and expensive. Our Ventura, CA motorcycle accident lawyers can assist you in seeking financial compensation after a motorcycle crash. We will aggressively negotiate for your right to compensation, including compensation for the full value of your:
- Medical expenses. Medical expenses may comprise the bulk of your damages, and can total into the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the extent of your injury.
- Property damage costs. If your bike was totaled in the crash, then you deserve to be compensated for it, as well as any other costs related to damaged property that you have incurred.
- Lost wages. Serious injuries mean disabilities and an inability to return to one’s job right away, if at all. If you have suffered lost wages and benefits, we will advocate for your right to compensation.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress. As mentioned above, the injuries that a person suffers in a crash are not just physical; they are often psychological or otherwise intangible, too. You can seek compensation for the full value of your noneconomic damages, including compensation for your pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
How A Ventura, CA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
While you may feel as though you are fully entitled to compensation for 100 percent of your losses, and while you may believe that the other party was 100 percent at fault for your crash, you’ll need to prove it in order to get the settlement that you deserve. This is where working with an experienced Ventura, CA motorcycle accident lawyer comes in – an attorney can investigate your case, work with experts to add value and strength to your claim, negotiate your settlement, and more. If a settlement cannot be reached, an attorney can represent you in litigation.
Call Our Ventura Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
Understanding your rights as someone who has been injured in a motorcycle accident can be confusing and feel overwhelming. When you call our Ventura motorcycle accident lawyers at the firm of Fisher & Talwar, we can start working on your case immediately. Reach us today by phone or online for your free consultation.